Monday, October 13, 2008

Doing My Part To Save The Planet

I have lately been walking to the grocery store. It's about 8 blocks away or so. I do this for several different reasons. But since doing "green" things are so popular these days, I'm pretending that I do it to save fuel. I've been walking more, in an effort to facilitate accelerated weight loss. One day I needed to go the grocery store, so I multi-tasked. I figured I could accomplish several things at once. Walk the boy, get groceries, melt some pounds, get fresh air and of course, save the planet. I'm listening to McCain and Obama and I'm reducing my dependence on foreign oil. And I'm so good at saving the planet that I'm using those recycled/reusable shopping bags that are so "in fashion" these days. I load the boy and the bags in the little red wagon and off I go. I walk so proudly, glaring with judgement as mini-vans whiz past full of kids and groceries. I enter Albertson's with a "I'm so self important" attitude and go directly to the hummus. I just figure that goes well with my "saving the planet" image, and it's soooo tasty! This whole adventure lasts about 2 hours. Which according to my calorie-counting website, burns about 400 calories. I just thought I'd brag about myself for awhile. Look at me, I'm so good!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very Norman Rockwell. Wagon is a classic.

--DG

Anonymous said...

The boy, (alias) "Little Man" looks so cute in his classic red wagon. Would like to see a pic of mommy in the wagon....LOL....Oh, by the way...you are important and will always be, even for someone who consumes hummus (you really are saving the planet)...
from the one who annoys you so much...LOL :) :)

Anonymous said...

I am glad you are doing your part...:) Evan looks so cute

HEather

Anonymous said...

I like you enough to comment.... now can we go back to talking about me.
-muffi

Anonymous said...

oh yeah.....where do you put your aluminum cans?
-muffi