Thursday, October 16, 2008

Should I Say "Ah Sweet" or "Get Away Creepy Stalker Kid!"



I went to Michaela's school today because the school lunch menu said there was a "BBQ". All parents were invited. So I braved the idea of eating a school lunch and showed up. I was the only parent! I don't know if that says something about me or school lunches. Anyway, I found Michaela waiting in line, near the end, and asked her classmates if I could take cuts. Now if you know anything about the politics of taking cuts in elementary, you know it could be a dangerous thing to ask. But luckily they were obliging. So this little brown-haired boy asked if I was Michaela's Mom. I said, "Yes". He said, "I'm Michaela's boyfriend." Wow, that's a surprise. She has never mentioned a boy at school. So he then asked if Michaela has mentioned him before. I asked his name, "Blake" he answered. I lied and said, yes. He then reassured me that he watches over Michaela, to make sure nothing happens to her. He says, "I'm like a spy. I'm always watching her, nobody even knows I'm there." WTF!?! I wish I had a picture of this kid. He has dark circles under his eyes and silver caps on several teeth. And he talks sorta monotone. Does he stay up all night thinking about my daughter? Then he turns to Evan and says, "Hey, I'm your sister's boyfriend." To which Evan has no response so the kid starts to tickle Evan and play around. Almost as if he thinks if he can get in good with Evan, he'll surely win over Michaela. The whole time Michaela is looking at me with an expression that at times shows guilt. Why hasn't she told me about him. Then later when I question her about Blake, she doesn't really want to talk about it. So far the details I know after grilling her is, he sits at her table, in the next chair, right next to her! Sometimes they eat lunch together, sometimes they play at recess. She says they play "Star Wars" and "Power Rangers". Later she confesses to Adam that her and Blake got in trouble for holding hands. I asked Michaela what exactly she thinks a boyfriend is, what it means. She replies, "I means we love each other. And someday we'll get married." This is no good! I reiterate that she is not allowed to kiss, ever!
Tomorrow I am volunteering in her class. I'm supposed to teach an art lesson. How can I teach art, when all I will be doing is monitoring this Blake's every move? Maybe it's time to look into an all girls school, or maybe homeschooling? If I can keep her isolated forever...okay maybe that's too much. But at least if she's gonna have a boyfriend, couldn't it be anyone else but the creepy stalker kid?

No comments: